Some typical project title (Illustrative only)
1. Reduction of Color Throw of Cation Resin
2. Reduction of Cracks and Pieces in Cation Resin
3. Reduction MP Beads Cycle Time
4. Improve the MP Beads Yield
5. Reduce Costs associated with B & C class procured Items
6. Improve the Process of Order Confirmation to Dispatch so as to meet the Cycle Time
7. Flow able Cation Cycle Time Reduction
8. Reduce cycle time in handing over of IBR folder to Commercial
9. Reduction of Radiography Rework
10. Establish & Improve T2
11. Reduce the Shortages of Material
12. Reduction of order Processing Cycle Time
13. Improve the process of Supply Chain Management
14. Reduction of Cost Variation in Industrial Washing Machine
15. Improve OEE of Welding Machine
16. Improve OEE of TB-80 (Tube Bending Machine)
17. Improve the process of Alloy Steel SAW Welding
18. Determination of predictive maintenance schedules of CNC drilling machines
19. Improve the Efficiency Of Hydraulic Pumps
20. Improve the Energy Efficiency ratio in hermetically sealed compressor
21. .Minimization of the incidences of defects in Solder Masking process
22. Reduction of rejections due to handling of PCBs
23. Reducing the variations and thus minimize the rejections due to dimensional inaccuracies at Routing
24. Optimization of Hot Air Leveling process parameters for reducing the thickness variation and shorts
25. Minimization of rejection at Inner layer lamination
26. Maximization of the yield in Alkaline Etching
27. Control of H2O2 concentration in Micro Etching
28. Minimization of the line width variation in inner layer track
29. Improving the quality of Solder Masking
30. Optimization of cycle time of PCB manufacturing
31. Reduction of variation in plating thickness at pattern plating
32. Reduction of incidences of rework of PWBs of solder mask process
33. Improvement of Hole Quality of Drilled Holes in PWBs
34. Reduce Rejections due to LWR at Alkaline Etching Process
35. Improvement of Process capability in Drill Hole positional characteristics and Routed dimensional characteristics of PWBs
36. Improvement of Drilling and Routing Machine utilization
37. Yield improvement of IL with respect to opens and shorts
38. Improve the yield of Drilling (Burrs and Debris)
39. Reduction of Idle Cylinders at all Packaged Fill Station
40. Reduction in No. of days outstanding / Accounts Receivables (DSO)
41. Reduction in Order to Molecule Cycle time of Bulk Customer Installations –.
42. Reduction of Liquid losses at ASUs
43. Reduction of Water and Water Chemicals cost
44. Maximize Cylinder Capacity Utilization
45. Improve on-road performance of Cryo and CO2 bulk tankers
46. Elimination of manufacturing defects in freezers
47. Meet agreed / contracted LIN consumption at Kopran
48. Optimization of tinning process parameters for reducing solder panels
IT / ITES and Service Sectors
1. Improving Process of Internal Customer Service for IT users
2. Reduction in Radiography Response Time
3. Optimization PG distribution costs
4. Compliance to Excise related matters
5. Control of fixed assets with registers & physical verification
6. Reduce Bank and other financial charges for fund transfer, DD charges, discount charges, collection charges etc.
7. Elimination of Design / Documentation errors of Freezers
8. Reduction of Administrative expenses
9. Reduction of Insurance Costs
10. To improve review efficiency
11. To reduce variation in Effort estimation
12. To reduce bugs in Coding
13. To improve productivity in call handling
14. To reduce attrition rate in a BPO
15. Improving Safety Performance
16. Improve the hit rate of Application Projects (No. of sign ups/No. of proposals submitted)
17. Reduce the lead time of trials/start up to commercialization
18. To reduce Average Handle Time in Bell SMB ISP queue from current baseline by 50%
Research Publications (Illustrative Only)
1. Chaudhuri, A.K, (2008), BALANCED BUSINESS SCORECARD- Problems & Solution, 2nd Quality Conclave, Quality Council of India, LeMeridien, New Delhi, February 16-17, 2008
2. Chaudhuri A. K, (2008). Implementation of Balanced Business Score card in an organization, International Conference on Present Practices and Future Trends in Quality and Reliability –ICONQR08, January 22-25, 2008.
3. Chaudhuri,A.K,(2007), A Few Stray Thoughts TO SAY CHEERS TO Six Sigma initiatives: Quality Conclave, Quality Council of India, Hotel Ashok, New Delhi, February 09-10, 2007
4. A K Chaudhuri & U H Acharya (2000): “Measuring Effectiveness and suitability of a quality system”, Total Quality Management, 11(2), 149-153.
5. A K Chaudhuri (1999): “Making ISO 9000 Certification Meaningful – Auditor’s Angle”, Congresso Nacional De Control De Calidad, Mexico, Oct 6-9, 1999.
6. A K Chaudhuri (1999): “Statistical Techniques in new Millennium” ”, Congresso Nacional De Control De Calidad, Mexico, Oct 6-9, 1999.
7. A K Chaudhuri & Pankaj Gadhia (LAE) (1997): “Measurement of Service level: XXV Cong. Congresso Nacional De Control De Calidad, Mexico
8. A K Chaudhuri “Optimization of Concrete Mix Design” (1990): Quality & Reliability Journal, NIQR, Vol 1, no. 1.
9. A K Chaudhuri & J Rajesh (1994) “Optimal cutting plan for laminates which minimizes wastage at shearing section” IEEE Journal
10. Chaudhuri, A. K. and Ahmad, M. (1990). Parameter - Design: A method for product design. Pakistan Journal of Statistics. Vol. 6(2) 171-182.
11. Chaudhuri, A. K., Hanif, M. and Ahmad, M. (1990). A new quality measure for product design. Pakistan Journal of Statistics. Vol. 6(1). 57-62.
12. A K Chaudhuri, P K Perumallu, Sugata Adhikari (1989): Wave Soldering – Optimizing Process Parameters: Quality Case Studies, Edited by C R Prasad, Indian Statistical Institute, pg 51-57.
13. Chaudhuri, A. K. and Hanif, M. (1988). Detection and diagnosing latent quality losses. Proceedings of the First Countries Conferences on Statistical Sciences. Vol. II, 841-849.
14. Dash, S. P., Hanif, M. and Chaudhuri, A. K. (1988). Randomized analysis of a BIB (balanced incomplete block) design control treatment. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Optimal design and Analysis of Experiment. Held at Switzerland. 361-372.
15. A K Chaudhuri and Naser B Kom “Optimization of Concrete mix proportioning using Fractional Factorial Design” – American Concrete Institute Journal, 10 (1987), pg 55 –63.
16. Chaudhuri, A. K. Hanif, M. and Dash, S. P. (1987). Quality engineering: A basic need for developing countries. Proceedings of the 31st Conference of European Organization Quality Control. Held at Munich, Germany. 731-736.
17. A K Chaudhuri (1987): “Quality Engineering – a new measure; Design Optimization Conference, New Chatel, Switzerland.
18. A K Chaudhuri (1986): “Quality Engineering & Robustness – A must for a Developing Country”, 30th EOQC Conference Proceedings, Moscow.
19. A K Chaudhuri (1985): “A new Quality Measure for Product Design: Proceedings”, 29th European Organisation for Quality Control Conference Proceedings, Lisbon.
20. A K Chaudhuri, Puppala B & A V Dandelkar (1984): Group Motivation and Management – an Indian Experience – Proceedings of the World Quality Congress, Brighton, England pg 498 – 506.